Rules For A Simple Day

10:24 AM

Life can get complicated fast, but only if you let it!
Here are a couple of little rules that I like to follow to help keep my life manageable and stress free. 

1.) Know what's important, and save the rest for later. Don't try to finish everything all at once, that  can easily become overwhelming and stressful. 
2.) Visualize your perfect day every morning. Figure out what needs to get done, and how you're going to do it. 
3.) Say no to extra commitments. There's only so much that one person can accomplish in twenty four hours.
4.) Limit the amount of tasks that you take on in a day. Be realistic with yourself.
5.) Carve out no-distraction time. Give yourself a couple of hours to focus on the tasks at hand, without any distractions. 
6.) Its okay to slow down. Go out for a walk, read a chapter of your new book, watch an episode of your favorite television program. Slow down and give yourself time to recharge. 
7.) Mindfully single-task. I find that it's a lot easier to complete a certain task when you're giving it your all, rather than dividing and conquering. 
8.) Batch smaller task. Don't get discouraged if you aren't able to check off every single task on your to-do list. Save the small, less important tasks for a different day.
9.) Create space between tasks. After I compete a task, I like to reward myself. Whether it's taking a snack break, laptop time, going for a walk, or reading, giving myself time between tasks helps me to relax and recharge. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe